RE: [netlmm] RE: NETLMM protocol document status and timelines

"Youn-Hee Han" <yh21.han@gmail.com> Fri, 06 April 2007 00:51 UTC

DKIM-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:x-mimeole:in-reply-to:thread-index; b=SCTJBhHBqq4nq8n6+fExnmLAAjCWE8Bqxbn1w5/jk1sbCZcDro1trEfEA66ttWNgJfphYhUbr6LuC+CKVbfKLOcGPE9P2X1UeJJ+5N1Ln+OLCw8/GcDIkOXjB/UqdkbjVPPnQetwRec7aMhnT7I9DrbwhqXIYbs2BU04ybKUJGQ=
From: Youn-Hee Han <yh21.han@gmail.com>
To: 'Sangjin Jeong' <sjjeong@gmail.com>, 'Sri Gundavelli' <sgundave@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [netlmm] RE: NETLMM protocol document status and timelines
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 09:51:16 +0900
Cc: netlmm@ietf.org

> > Cisco Japan has implemented Proxy Mobile IPv6 and we have
> some data on this.
> > Hopefully. we will
> > present this in the next IETF, if we get a slot.  Also,
> some university in
> > Korea has the implementation, at least
> > there were some implementation specific queries.
>
> FYI.
> Currently, ETRI and KUT are jointly implementing the
> draft-sgundave-mip6-proxymip6-02.
>
> Regards
> Sangjin
>
> > Also, one or two other
> > vendor implementations, that I don't
> > know if I can comment. Any case,  we should be able to get
> some good data on
> > this aspect from multiple sources,
> > hopefully.

In the implementation of ETRI and KUT, we are now modifying MIPL
Mobile IPv6 for Linux and setting up a testbed for PMIPv6.

It would be premature to report some useful data about the performance.
But, we can say that the testbed has four MAGs: two of them are
IPv6-enabled MAGs and the other two are IPv4-enabled MAG.
In the test scenario, therefore, network-based v4-v6 traversal
as well as the core function of PMIPv6 will be tested.

Regards,

Youn-Hee