Re: [Nfvrg] Trying to organize the live documents in NFVRG

이승익 <seungiklee@etri.re.kr> Mon, 12 October 2015 11:57 UTC

From: 이승익 <seungiklee@etri.re.kr>
To: "Ramki_Krishnan@Dell.com" <Ramki_Krishnan@Dell.com>, "diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com" <diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 11:57:13 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.254.170.46]
Cc: "nfvrg@irtf.org" <nfvrg@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [Nfvrg] Trying to organize the live documents in NFVRG

Ramki and Diego,

I think that your proposal below does make sense and looks quite productive.

As per the drafts listed in https://datatracker.ietf.org/rg/nfvrg/documents/,
I found several {RG, individual} drafts whose main topics are within “Policy based Resource Management” – in my perspective - as follows:

- draft-irtf-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-01, Policy Architecture and Framework for NFV Infrastructures
- draft-irtf-nfvrg-resource-management-service-chain-01, Resource Management in Service Chaining
- draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-01, VNF Pool Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service Chains
- draft-krishnan-nfvrg-policy-based-rm-nfviaas-05, NFVIaaS Architectural Framework for Policy Based Resource Placement and Scheduling

As they share the common keywords: “policy and resource management” in the text, they may go a good compromise IMHO.
But they have different objectives and details, and this makes me a little concerned for losing a focus in the merged draft.

Regards,
Seungik.