Re: [nvo3] 答复: Comments on NVO3 data plane requirements for OAM

Vero Zheng <vero.zheng@huawei.com> Wed, 12 November 2014 08:52 UTC

From: Vero Zheng <vero.zheng@huawei.com>
To: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>, Marc Binderberger <marc@sniff.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:51:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.115]
Cc: Haoweiguo <haoweiguo@huawei.com>, "nvo3@ietf.org" <nvo3@ietf.org>, Larry Kreeger <kreeger@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [nvo3] 答复: Comments on NVO3 data plane requirements for OAM

Hi Marc et.al,

I’m one of the co-authors/editors of the above-mentioned two drafts. Thanks for your interest in the marking mechanism.
By changing one or more bits of packets (header), data packets are marked into different blocks of markers without altering normal processing in the network.
No additional delimiting packet is needed and the performance can be measured in-service without the insertion of additional traffic.
The packet count/timestamp will be collected at the measurement point which correlated to certain blocks of marker and the loss/delay will be calculated.

BR,
Vero