Re: [OAUTH-WG] Securing APIs with OAuth 2.0

Shane B Weeden <sweeden@au1.ibm.com> Thu, 01 March 2012 03:00 UTC

To: Pete Clark <pete@appmuscle.com>
From: Shane B Weeden <sweeden@au1.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:59:28 -0700
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>, oauth-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Securing APIs with OAuth 2.0

1. Yes, client credentials sounds right for what you described. Think of it
as lightweight b2b authentication in that sense (but two steps - one to get
a token, and another to use it).
2. Can't help you with source - but do have a product-based solution :)
3. Absolutely it should for the resource server, but the answer may depend
have same dependency on the implementation you use.

Regards,
Shane.