Re: [OAUTH-WG] Bearer token DISCUSS items related to errors

Eran Hammer <eran@hueniverse.com> Thu, 10 May 2012 00:47 UTC

From: Eran Hammer <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>, "oauth@ietf.org WG (oauth@ietf.org)" <oauth@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 00:47:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [64.74.213.174]
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Bearer token DISCUSS items related to errors

I don't need to repeat three months of extensive arguments. AIRI, you were as strongly opinionated about this as I was, and it was largely an argument between my, you, and Tony Nadalin. After we failed to reach WG consensus - we did resolve some items as you indicated below - the chairs formed a design committee on which both Tony and I served. The committee unanimously decided to not include the protected resource location in the registry. The chairs presented this to the group, then closed the items.

My point is, it was a long and extensive debated that required much effort to resolve. Now all of a sudden, getting a quick round of +1 is enough to undo 3 months of negotiations. That's clearly a broken process.

EH