Re: [OAUTH-WG] AD review of draft-ietf-oauth-revocation-06

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Fri, 12 April 2013 22:40 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 23:39:40 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] AD review of draft-ietf-oauth-revocation-06

Hiya,

On 04/12/2013 10:03 PM, Justin Richer wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I didn't respond as I didn't have anything to add to your comments, but
> what little details I have are inline.

Thanks:-)

> On 04/12/2013 04:53 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm surprised there've been no responses. I thought
>> there was more interest in this one.
>>
>> Ta,
>> S.
>>
>> On 04/09/2013 06:27 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've done my AD review of this draft. I have two quick questions
>>> I'd like to get answered before I start IETF LC. Depending on the
>>> answers maybe we should re-spin or just fire ahead, let's see...
>>>
>>> (1) 2.1: "upon the return of the request" isn't right is it?  I
>>> think you mean the response at least. And what about HTTP error
>>> handling? What if I get a 503 error? Is the client supposed
>>> to re-send ever? Don't you need to say?
> Should this read "upon receipt of an HTTP 200 response from the server"
> instead?

Seems like it needs some fix anyway. I'll mark the draft as
revised I-D needed.

> If there's a 503, the client can't assume the token is gone,
> but it also probably shouldn't try spamming the endpoint, either.

So what is a client supposed to do if it gets a 503?

>>> (2) 2.2: what's in the response body with a 200 response?  If it
>>> doesn't matter please say so.
> Doesn't matter. All information is conveyed in the response code.

That'd be fine. But doesn't it need saying?

Like I said the rest are nits. But to be clear: I think we (me
and the WG) need to figure out the above before IETF LC starts.

Cheers,
S.