Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: IPR Disclosure: Nokia Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC 6749

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 11 September 2014 22:38 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:38:40 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: IPR Disclosure: Nokia Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC 6749

Hi John,

don't misunderstand me: I am not planning to use our valuable OAuth WG
time to go through the claims and to discuss them.

Instead, I would like to point your attention to this IPR, to evaluate
it within your company (with whatever fancy process you have), and to
tell me at the upcoming IETF meeting whether there are concerns.

Other IPR announcements have arrived before we finished the work on them
and so it was a bit easier to take actions. We had that case a few times
in the group. So far, there have not been concerns with any of the IPR
declarations and we just continued our work as planned.

Ciao
Hannes