Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-10.txt

"Richer, Justin P." <jricher@mitre.org> Tue, 07 May 2013 20:55 UTC

From: "Richer, Justin P." <jricher@mitre.org>
To: Josh Mandel <jmandel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 20:55:38 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.35.252]
Cc: "<oauth@ietf.org>" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-10.txt

A true public client doesn't have a client_secret or its equivalent, so it would have token_endpoint_auth_method = none. A confidential client can't use the implicit flow (since you can't send a client_secret to the auth endpoint), so there's a bit of overlap there.

Would it be useful to have an explanatory paragraph or table to this effect in the draft? I'm currently thinking that'd be a bit overkill, but I'd definitely rather it be clear and unambiguous.

 -- Justin

On May 7, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Josh Mandel <jmandel@gmail.com<mailto:jmandel@gmail.com>>