Re: [OPSAWG] WGLC on draft-bdqks-arin-shared-transition-space

Ronald Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net> Wed, 07 September 2011 22:43 UTC

From: Ronald Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net>
To: "George, Wesley" <wesley.george@twcable.com>, Owen DeLong <owen@delong.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:43:28 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "draft-bdgks-arin-shared-transition-space@tools.ietf.org" <draft-bdgks-arin-shared-transition-space@tools.ietf.org>, "opsawg@ietf.org" <opsawg@ietf.org>, "draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request@tools.ietf.org" <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] WGLC on draft-bdqks-arin-shared-transition-space

Wes,

In Quebec, we agreed to progress a minimal draft-weil very quickly. Draft-weil would include an informative reference to draft-bdqks. Since draft-bdqks is a more substantive work, it could progress more slowly.

During the last call on draft-weil, somebody pointed out that draft-bdqks contained the rationale for draft-weil. Therefore, the informative reference to draft-bdqks was inappropriate and needed to be replaced with a normative reference. This put draft-bdqks on the critical path for draft-weil.

It seems that now we have the following options:

- Argue that there is no normative dependency between draft-weil and draft-bdqks
- Break the dependency between draft-weil and draft-bdqks by moving enough motivating material into draft-weil
- Speed up the progress of draft-bdqks
- Live with a later ETA for draft-weil

I'm sorry that I don't have better news.

                                          Ron