Re: Graceful Restart

Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM> Fri, 04 April 2003 14:34 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 09:36:39 -0500
From: Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM>
Subject: Re: Graceful Restart
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

John, Krishna,

John has it pretty much right but there is one additional key
point. If the restarting router doesn't succeed its role as
DR on interfaces where it was previously DR the specification
is broken. The restarting router uses his own pre-restart
router and network LSAs to determine when graceful restart
has converged. A DR election would change the topology and
the restarting router would detect an LSA inconsistency and
exit graceful restart prematurely.

Thanks,
Acee

--