Re: Graceful Restart

Erblichs <erblichs@EARTHLINK.NET> Fri, 04 April 2003 19:57 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:49:46 -0800
From: Erblichs <erblichs@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: Graceful Restart
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Krishna and group,

        Under the assumption that "network topology
        remains static" (1. Overview, 4th paragraph),
        then election of a DR / BDR really only
        requires the exchange of DBD packets. This
        is pretty lightweight in my opinion.

        On the assumption, that a more capable system
        had booted-up after the wait time, it
        actually, might make sense for the DR or
        the BDR to resign his position upon exiting
        graceful restart.

        Mitchell Erblich