Re: Graceful Restart

Padma Pillay-Esnault <padma@JUNIPER.NET> Fri, 04 April 2003 16:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 08:11:09 -0800
From: Padma Pillay-Esnault <padma@JUNIPER.NET>
Subject: Re: Graceful Restart
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

One important point is that the DR is the one who issues
the network LSA and have adjacency with. If you change
the DR then this would imply that

- All the routers will have to tear down their previous
adj to the restarting router and build a new one to the DR.
Flooding patterns will change which is not desirable.

- the new DR will build the new network LSA for the
network and this will cause the restart to abort on
change in topology.

Padma