Re: OSPF IGP Capabilities Draft

Abhay Roy <akr@CISCO.COM> Fri, 31 January 2003 21:40 UTC

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:34:09 -0800
From: Abhay Roy <akr@CISCO.COM>
Subject: Re: OSPF IGP Capabilities Draft
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Acee,

One of the questions raised was, why do we need to advertise these
capabilities? I am glad to see that, there is at least one useful
application (as in PCSD).

I still have those reservations about the usefulness of many other
'capabilities' this document describes. IMHO, if the receivers of
these capabilities are just going to display it in a 'show'
command, we should NOT specify them in this document.

Regards,
-Roy-