[P2PSIP] 答复: Re: WG Call for adoption: draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-04

peng.yonglin@zte.com.cn Wed, 04 July 2012 07:33 UTC

To: Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug@acm.org>
From: peng.yonglin@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:33:37 +0800
Cc: p2psip-chairs@tools.ietf.org, p2psip@ietf.org, p2psip-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: [P2PSIP] 答复: Re: WG Call for adoption: draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-04

Hi Marc,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. For the MIB issues, experts from SNMP area
asked us to add basic MIB information at #82 meeting. We argued that our
draft is mainly for describing the SNMP over RELOAD mechanism, so that MIB
definition is not necessary. After discussion at the meeting, it is agreed
that only a minimum set of MIBs needs to defined in this draft.
The SNMP over RELOAD draft covers both the P2PSIP and SNMP area. It might
be difficult for P2P experts or SNMP experts to fully understand the
mechanism to find the network manager using RELOAD. We will try to improve
the writing on this part by adding more cross reference and giving more
details. We look forward to your comments in this part and will improve
the draft accordingly.
We think most issues regarding to the draft are minor and the draft is
mature enough to be adopted. We will consistently put efforts in improving
the draft after it gets adopted and attracts more attention from people
outside the workgroup.

***************************************
Email:        peng.yonglin@zte.com.cn
TEL:          025-52871543
Mobile:       13776637274
Fax:          025-52872187
***************************************

Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug@acm.org>
发件人:  p2psip-bounces@ietf.org
2012-07-03 23:25

收件人
cjbc@it.uc3m.es
抄送
p2psip-chairs@tools.ietf.org, p2psip@ietf.org
主题
Re: [P2PSIP] WG Call for adoption: draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-04

I read this draft and I am not sure that it is ready for adoption as
working
group item.  The draft seems to be doing 2 different things, 1) defining a
MIB
for RELOAD and 2) using RELOAD to find the network manager.  For 1) I
think
that the MIB as defined exposes only a very small set of data, and needs
to be
extended.  For 2) I must say that I do not really understand the
mechanism.

So this draft needs more work but I am not sure what WG adoption will get
us.
 The energy in the WG is very low, and I think that this energy should be
better used WGLCing the existing WG drafts (as promised back in Quebec
City),
and adopting drafts that are in better shape, like SHARE/DISCO.

Meanwhile I am willing to do a complete review of the document some time
in
the future.

On 06/21/2012 06:06 AM, Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Paris, there was a hum asking the group for consensus to move towards

> adopting the RELOAD SNMP draft as a working group item.
>
> This email starts a 2-week consensus call on adopting
>
> Title           : An SNMP Usage for RELOAD Author(s)       : YongLin
Peng
> Wei Wang ZhenWu Hao Yu Meng Filename        :
> draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-04.txt Pages           : 24 Date            :
> 2012-03-06
>
> as a P2PSIP WG document. Please, read the current revision and state you

> opinion either for or against adoption (and with reasoning why) in the
> mailing list. The call for adoption ends 5th July 2012.
>
> Brian & Carlos

- --
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: marc@petit-huguenin.org