[p2p-sip] Revised Draft Charter for P2PSIP

RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.) Fri, 22 September 2006 20:06 UTC

From: "RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com"
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:06:07 -0400
Subject: [p2p-sip] Revised Draft Charter for P2PSIP

Philip:

It is OK to look into those solutions using ICE for p2p-SIP.

A 2-year time period for development NAT-crossing standard for p2p-SIP will
be OK.

However, let us spend our most energy to develop the best p2p-SIP protocol
which is the future direction of the Internet.

Best regards,
Radhika

PS:

BTW: Even it is OK to cross NATs by p2p-SIP, will you also be looking for
the support of QOS so that NATs are NOT forcing more intelligent entities
around NATs not to mention NAT-crossing clients, servers, security patches,
QOS brokering, and many others so that cannons are used to kill a mosquito?

If not, why not? If yes, would you and others provide suggestions to NSIS WG
as they are almost lost to do anything good that works well?

NATs will have their natural death as firewalls are much more superior to do
all those jobs of NATs without causing problems for SIP signaling and media
and other applications, but p2p-SIP is NOT.

  _____