[p2p-sip] Revised concepts draft

bryan at ethernot.org (David A. Bryan) Mon, 21 August 2006 18:49 UTC

From: "bryan at ethernot.org"
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:49:54 -0700
Subject: [p2p-sip] Revised concepts draft

Let me just leave it at I don't think it is at all true that the
architecture in your original draft and the one in the concepts and
terminology document are at all the same. Your earlier design draft
presupposes solutions to a number of still contentious points
including NAT locations, separation of lookup and signaling, SIP vs.
non-SIP protocol, and even detailed message formats and APIs. I'm not
suggesting we throw that work out, but I very strongly disagree that
it is the same as the concepts and terminology architecture or should
therefore be incorporated.

That aside, I fully agree on your suggestion that we should focus on
the discussion itself rather than which documents to merge. We are way
off in the weeds here arguing about exactly how to do this and should
refocus on what is needed to move the group forward. The debate about
exactly how to build this comes later. Lets stop this and refocus on
getting toward a charter.

--David