Re: [Pana] References

"Alper Yegin" <alper.yegin@yegin.org> Mon, 31 March 2008 11:34 UTC

From: Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@yegin.org>
To: lionel.morand@orange-ftgroup.com, pana@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:33:53 +0300
Subject: Re: [Pana] References
Sender: pana-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Lionel,

Sorry for the late response. I got a note from RFC Editor and she said the
doc is held up by this issue.

> I suggested that we could keep the sentence but to change "recommended"
> fro something else...
> We may put something like:
>
> "The readers are invited to read the PANA Framework document [I-D.ietf-
> pana-framework]
> to find further details on the general PANA functional elements, high-
> level call flow,
> and deployment environments."

I'm afraid this'd still cause the same issue. Recommended vs. invited --
does not read much different to me. IMO, that's the intent in providing the
first sentence below, and the second sentence becomes redundant (and
troubling, according to the RFC Editor).

    These components are
    described in separate documents (see [I-D.ietf-pana-framework] and
    [I-D.ietf-dhc-paa-option]).  The readers are recommended to read
    the PANA Framework document [I-D.ietf-pana-framework] prior to
    reading this protocol specification document.

I don't think we lose anything if we don't use the last sentence.

Alper