[Pce] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-11: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana <aretana.ietf@gmail.com> Mon, 04 February 2019 21:25 UTC

From: Alvaro Retana <aretana.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext@ietf.org, Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com>, pce-chairs@ietf.org, pce@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:25:56 -0800
Subject: [Pce] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-11: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext/

COMMENT:

I share Benjamin's concerns about the clarity of this document, and support his
DISCUSS.   I have added some related comments below (not overlapping with his,
of Mirja's).

(1) §4.2 (Wavelength Selection TLV): "The encoding of this TLV is specified as
the Wavelength Selection Sub-TLV in Section 4.2.2 of [RFC7689]."  It should be
made clear that this document is requesting a new TLV-type code to be assigned
(§8.2) for this TLV.  IOW, rfc7689 just describes the value part of the TLV...

(2) §4.3: s/MUST be able to specify a restriction/MUST specify a restriction
I assume you really want the restriction signaled, and not just the ability to
do it...

(3) §4.3: "the PCE MUST have mechanisms to know the tunability restrictions"
How can this be Normatively enforced?  It seems to be that the MUST is out of
place.  s/MUST/must

(4) §4.3: "the PCC MUST be able to apply additional constraints"  This sounds
like a requirement, which is immediately satisfied by the definition of the
Wavelength Restriction Constraint TLV...so I think the MUST is out of place.
s/MUST/must

(5) §4.3.2: s/wavelength restriction TLV/Wavelength Restriction Constraint TLV

(6) I think that these references should be Normative: rfc5440, rfc8253.