Re: [PCN] RSVP and ECMP

Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 25 October 2007 10:13 UTC

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:13:42 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Georgios Karagiannis <karagian@cs.utwente.nl>
Subject: Re: [PCN] RSVP and ECMP
Cc: "pcn@ietf.org" <pcn@ietf.org>

The problems obviously show up if the load balancing device does not
inspect the RSVP traffic.
Then, you cannot ensure that the signaling traffic follows the data
traffic anymore.

Also with tunnels you need to ensure that at least one of the tunnel
endpoints is aware of the signaling protocol. This might seem to be a
simple requirement but I assume in reality it is not that easy. This is
the area where complexity says HELLO to path-coupled signaling.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: When you still think that it is totally trivial then you might want
to look at the many tunneling schemes folks use or want to use.

>>> mailto:menth@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de