RE: [PCN] traffic matrix scenario

"Geib, Ruediger" <Ruediger.Geib@t-systems.com> Thu, 01 November 2007 15:19 UTC

Subject: RE: [PCN] traffic matrix scenario
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:19:31 +0100
From: "Geib, Ruediger" <Ruediger.Geib@t-systems.com>
To: ben.strulo@bt.com
Cc: pcn@ietf.org

Ben,

I appreciate your work on scenarios and safety margins for PCN
solutions working without probing. I further share your views
on ECMP.

Lars, having some text in a document describing different
scenarios where probing isn't required, where probing could
make sense and when reservations are useful could make
sense. I assume, investigations like those of Ben are
sufficient, i.e it is not expected that the standards must
define quantified operational and planning conditions under
which probing free PCN works? If we want to keep the WGs
Milestone schedule, a qualitative scenario description as
part of standards should do.

Regards,

Rudiger