RE: [PCN] traffic matrix scenario

"Geib, Ruediger" <Ruediger.Geib@t-systems.com> Wed, 31 October 2007 10:59 UTC

Subject: RE: [PCN] traffic matrix scenario
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:58:47 +0100
From: "Geib, Ruediger" <Ruediger.Geib@t-systems.com>
To: ben.strulo@bt.com
Cc: pcn@ietf.org

Ben,

thanks, your text nicely explains things.

On the dimension of the time lag, I'm not favouring to dimension the lag
for a situation where just admitting the new flow results in
pre-congestion marking. This will result in a rather long lag. I'd
rather like to make sure, that if there's congestion already and another
flow is admitted, then there should be no new admission. That would
assume that with the first packets of the admitted flow, pre congestion
marked packets are received.

It may be useful to have separate timers:
- absolutely no pre congestion indication on ingress or egress
  * the lag is rather short or zero
- pre-congestion indicated on the ingress or egress, but
  not for the lately admitted flow
  * the lag is somewhat bigger
- pre-congestion indicated (no matter which amount) for the
  lately admitted flow
  * no new admission prior to a full PCN pre congestion
    feedback cycle on that flows ingress/egress relation.

Regards,

Rudiger