Re: [PCN] PCN admission marking algorithm - consensus?

Michael Menth <menth@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de> Wed, 05 March 2008 13:51 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:50:04 +0100
From: Michael Menth <menth@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
To: philip.eardley@bt.com
Cc: pcn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PCN] PCN admission marking algorithm - consensus?
Sender: pcn-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

philip.eardley@bt.com wrote:

> [...]
As far as I can remember the discussion was the following. If a
processor cannot have several meters and markers per outgoing links,
which may be implementation-specific, the marking functionality for
admission may be implemented on the outgoing link and for termination on
incoming links. It can also be done vice-versa. It was discussed as an
implementation issue allowing more flexibility depending on existing code.

Regards,

    Michael