Re: [ppsp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-02.txt

zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com> Wed, 20 June 2012 07:53 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:09:25 +0800
From: zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com>
To: "arno@cs.vu.nl" <arno@cs.vu.nl>, "Riccardo (r.petrocco@gmail.com)" <r.petrocco@gmail.com>
Cc: ppsp <ppsp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ppsp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-02.txt

Hi Arno and Riccardo (Speaking individually),
    Due to a following holiday started from tomorrow, I have a quick read on the draft. The following is my comments. I'll reply the emails until next week.

1) In general, this version is much better than last version in the sense of an IETF draft, instead of a paper or a technical report for the implementation. I mean the generality is better.
2)  bin numbers in 1st paragraph: Since there are at least two schemes introduced in section 4, the range scheme should be stated here as well.
3)Merkle hash tree in section 2.2:Occur for the first time without explaining before.It's better to add the term in section 1.3.
4)INTEGRITY in section 2.2: It should be stated that this message is not used all the time.
5)Section3.3: The sentence "it MUST send a ACK message containing a chunk specification for C". MUST or SHOULD.
6)Section 3.9, since TCP is abandoned by PPSPP, do we need to explain the related case?
7)  Section 4.3 PEX_ADD, no explanation before.
8)Section 6: I suggest to exclude this section  because it involves a over-strong limitation:fixed chunk size.Furthermore I am not clear of the necessity of this scheme.Just as the background of section 7?
9) Section 7:for the similar reason, remove the section 7.1.1
10)Section 9.3.2, why placed here? I suggest to remove this section.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei