Re: [PWE3] S-PE in stitching architecture document

Matthew.Bocci@alcatel.co.uk Mon, 01 August 2005 15:37 UTC

From: Matthew.Bocci@alcatel.co.uk
Subject: Re: [PWE3] S-PE in stitching architecture document
To: Luca Martini <lmartini@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:35:13 +0100
Cc: pwe3-bounces@ietf.org, George Swallow <swallow@cisco.com>, pwe3@ietf.org, stbryant@cisco.com
Sender: pwe3-bounces@ietf.org

The U-PE is at the provider edge, just as the PE in the single hop case,
and looks just like a PE from the point of view of the service.  U-PR
suggests something buried in the network.

What about PSR (PW switching router) and PER (PW edge router)?

Matthew

                      Luca Martini
                      <lmartini@cisco.         To:      Matthew BOCCI/GB/ALCATEL@ALCATEL
                      com>                     cc:      pwe3-bounces@ietf.org, pwe3@ietf.org, George Swallow <swallow@cisco.com>,
                      Sent by:                 stbryant@cisco.com
                      pwe3-bounces@iet         Subject: Re: [PWE3] S-PE in stitching architecture document
                      f.org

                      01/08/2005 16:11

ok how about S-PR and U-PR ?

Or are these not Routers ?

Switching point Provider LSR and Ultimate provider LSR ?

Luca

stbryant@cisco.com, pwe3@ietf.org, Matthew BOCCI/GB/ALCATEL@ALCATEL