RE: Proposed changes to draft kamapabhava-01

"Kavi, Prabhu" <prabhu_kavi@tenornetworks.com> Mon, 22 April 2002 19:56 UTC

From: "Kavi, Prabhu" <prabhu_kavi@tenornetworks.com>
Subject: RE: Proposed changes to draft kamapabhava-01
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:56:29 -0400
Sender: pwe3-admin@ietf.org
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org
To: "'Andrew G. Malis'" <Andy.Malis@vivacenetworks.com>, stbryant@cisco.com

Stewart and Andy,

I am glad that we are going with the Q.922 bit ordering.
Not because of a performance issue, but simply because it
is more logical.

The performance problem is less of an issue.  With the
advances in NPs, I know there exist C-coded versions
of Martini encaps that runs in hardware and can support
OC-192c rates for 40-byte packets.

Prabhu