RE: Proposed changes to draft kamapabhava-01

"Andrew G. Malis" <Andy.Malis@VivaceNetworks.com> Fri, 19 April 2002 14:36 UTC

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <Andy.Malis@VivaceNetworks.com>
Subject: RE: Proposed changes to draft kamapabhava-01
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:36:22 -0400
Sender: pwe3-admin@ietf.org
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org
To: Claude Kawa <kawa@nortelnetworks.com>

Claude,

Thanks for the updates.  It's clear from recent list activity that Martini
backwards compatibility is very important, and so I suggest keeping
BFDC.  It's really not that tough to do, folks - there are already several
wire-speed Martini implementations, so there's certainly proof by example.

Regarding IP tunnels - I agree to focus on L2TPv3 and MPLS for now, and add
IP if someone cares enough about it to write the text.

Cheers,
Andy

--------