Re: [radext] draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-04

Maglione Roberta <roberta.maglione@telecomitalia.it> Thu, 02 August 2012 23:06 UTC

From: Maglione Roberta <roberta.maglione@telecomitalia.it>
To: 'Tassos Chatzithomaoglou' <achatz@forthnetgroup.gr>, "radext@ietf.org" <radext@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:06:36 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US, it-IT
x-ti-disclaimer: Disclaimer1
Subject: Re: [radext] draft-maglione-pcp-radius-ext-04

Hello Tassos,
   Thanks for your comments.
The scenario we had in mind when we wrote this document is similar to the one you have just described, but the PCP is not on the BNAS it is external in the Service Provider's network and we want to be able to have subscribers of the same NAS using different PCP servers. The reason why we would like to use radius is because we would like to be able to tie together the PCP server information with the subscriber's profile stored in the Radius server.
If we don't have RADIUS part, we need to pre-provision the NAS with the PCP Server name, to be used in the DHCP option for each subscriber/group of subscribers. Please see attached slides.
If you think that more explanations are needed in order to clarify the use case we can add more text in the draft.

Thanks
Roberta