Re: [RAI] Expert review of draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-03

Jiri Kuthan <jiri@iptel.org> Wed, 22 October 2008 22:20 UTC

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:21:58 +0200
From: Jiri Kuthan <jiri@iptel.org>
To: Henry Sinnreich <hsinnrei@adobe.com>
Cc: draft-sinnreich-sip-tools@tools.ietf.org, rai@ietf.org, 'Paul Kyzivat' <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, Eunsoo Shim <eunsooshim@gmail.com>, sipping-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [RAI] Expert review of draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-03
Sender: rai-bounces@ietf.org

That's again the question of the scope. I'm sure that there are
organizations that would be publishing profiles for some country-
specific regulation-compliant phones. I'm peresonally more interested
in a techniucal profile for making a simple phone call on the Internet. (and
leave 911, choking hazards, ergonomical compliance, national
safety requirements, and many other important aspects to other profiles).
Of course such a profile should not raise expectation it delivers
more than it does.

-jiri