[rddp] WG Last Call *Concluded*l: Security, DDP, RDMAP

Black_David@emc.com Tue, 01 March 2005 17:03 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
To: rddp@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:00:19 -0500
Subject: [rddp] WG Last Call *Concluded*l: Security, DDP, RDMAP
Sender: rddp-bounces@ietf.org

The WG Last Call period on these documents has concluded.
I have seen no technical issues raised on the mailing
list, and hence these drafts have passed WG Last Call.

I have sent a number of editorial comments to the
authors.  The only one that approaches being technical is
that the following sentence in Section 4.1 of the security
draft needs to be removed:

	"If a specific implementation does not wish to address
	security issues resolved by the Resource Manager, there
	may in fact be no resource manager at all."

This needs to be removed because the Privileged Resource
Manager and some of its security functionality are mandatory-
-to-implement, even if the PRM need not be realized as a
separately identifiable implementation component.  There is
text elsewhere in the security draft, as well as in both
the DDP and RDMAP drafts saying that the Privileged Resource
Manager is mandatory functionality.

Draft authors should plan to prepare revised drafts during
March, including checking the revised versions against the
ID (nits) checklist:  http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

I'd like to have revised drafts ready to be sent to the ADs
& the IESG by the end of March, please.

Thanks,
--David