Re: [regext] Poll messages with unhandled namespaces (was Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-change-poll-07.txt)

Martin Casanova <martin.casanova@switch.ch> Mon, 16 July 2018 21:39 UTC

From: Martin Casanova <martin.casanova@switch.ch>
To: Jody Kolker <jkolker@godaddy.com>, Patrick Mevzek <pm@dotandco.com>, "regext@ietf.org" <regext@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:39:02 +0000
x-originating-ip: [129.132.139.34]
Subject: Re: [regext] Poll messages with unhandled namespaces (was Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-change-poll-07.txt)

Hello Jody
Von: Jody Kolker [jkolker@godaddy.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Juli 2018 21:48
An: Martin Casanova; Patrick Mevzek; regext@ietf.org

Hi Martin,

<<
As a matter of fact we will have to over think this rule now because with CDS DNSSec Data can be configured by the DNS-Operator of a domain as well (which does not need to be the registrar) . So a domain of a non DNSSec accredited registrar could end up with  DNSSec data. In case he is DNSSec accredited he might be interested to keep his DNSSec Data synchronized with the data at the registry originated by CDS. That is exactly our use case where we want to use the change poll extension.

How does DNSSEC data get configured by the DNS-Operator of a domain if the DNS-Operator is not the registrar?  Is the DNSSEC data set without the registrar knowing it was added?  If so, how?

M: This done by the polling specific DNS Records (CDS) from the configured name servers of a domains. (RFC-7344 and RFC-8078) which we are currently implementing. It could be and will be often the case that the DNS-Operator and the registrar are the same entity but its not a must.
"We support RFC-7344 and RFC-8078 for automated DNSSEC delegation trust maintenance. Enable fully automated DNSSEC bootstraping, key rollover or removal in your favourite name server software. Once a day your name servers will be checked for new CDS signaling records. Changes in CDS signaling records are accepted and published in our .ch or .li zone after a delay of 3 working days if our acceptance criterias are met. "

Thanks,
Jody Kolker
Martin Casanova