[rfc-i] Fwd: Future interaction of the Datatracker and the RFC Editor's tracker

Glenn at RiverOnce.com (Glenn Kowack) Mon, 12 July 2010 09:48 UTC

From: "Glenn at RiverOnce.com"
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 02:48:46 -0700
Subject: [rfc-i] Fwd: Future interaction of the Datatracker and the RFC Editor's tracker

Paul,
   It's not yet clear to me what if any impact the proposed datatracker extensions might have on the
systems employed by the RFC Editor (and AMS), or our plans for future changes (some of which
have not yet been determined).  However, if changes do end up looking like they will be required,
let's all please be sure to respect the RFC Editor's areas of responsibility, practices, and planning
cycles. I think that also suggests we be careful to avoid:
	- local optimizations that have significant negative impact or impose costs on other areas, or
	- short-term improvements that increase the cost of a more general or long-term solution (or
              possibly even make a broader solution significantly more difficult).

This is not to say that I think this is happening.  Rather, I wanted to call this out on this list to be sure
we don't accidentally end up in such a situation.  Let's keep this in mind as we go over the details.

thanks,
Glenn
___

Begin forwarded message: