Re: [Rfced-future] One additional entity for our model to consider

Jay Daley <exec-director@ietf.org> Sun, 26 September 2021 21:36 UTC

From: Jay Daley <exec-director@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:36:13 +1300
Cc: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, "rfced-future@iab.org" <rfced-future@iab.org>
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Subject: Re: [Rfced-future] One additional entity for our model to consider

> On 26/09/2021, at 12:35 PM, Joel M. Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
>
> While I find some of his elaboration misleading, I think Adam is basically correct.
>
> The RSAG was defined by various documents.  It continues to exist informally.  The relationships under which it exists will not be in place once this change is made.  I think it is worth noting in this document that the RSAG as described will no longer exist.
>
> If the RPC wants advice, that would be a matter between teh RPC and its contracting authority.  I can't imagine the RSAB wanting an advisory body, and that would seem to be in conflict with the structure we are creating.

Yes.  It seems to me, perhaps naively, that a continuing RSAG, even an informal one, would conflict with the new structure.  If someone has an example/reason why a question might go to an RSAG instead of the RSWG, given that all such a question can do is elicit the advice of individuals, then I would like to hear it.

Jay