Re: [Rfced-future] One additional entity for our model to consider

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Sat, 25 September 2021 23:35 UTC

To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, "rfced-future@iab.org" <rfced-future@iab.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:35:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [Rfced-future] One additional entity for our model to consider

While I find some of his elaboration misleading, I think Adam is
basically correct.

The RSAG was defined by various documents.  It continues to exist
informally.  The relationships under which it exists will not be in
place once this change is made.  I think it is worth noting in this
document that the RSAG as described will no longer exist.

If the RPC wants advice, that would be a matter between teh RPC and its
contracting authority.  I can't imagine the RSAB wanting an advisory
body, and that would seem to be in conflict with the structure we are
creating.  So, goodbye RSAG, and thanks for all the assistance.

Yours,
Joel