[Roll] UPDATED: Moving forward with the protocol work

"Don Sturek" <d.sturek@att.net> Thu, 30 July 2009 20:45 UTC

From: Don Sturek <d.sturek@att.net>
To: Jerald.P.Martocci@jci.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:45:10 -0700
Cc: 'ROLL WG' <roll@ietf.org>, roll-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: [Roll] UPDATED: Moving forward with the protocol work

Sorry for the confusion on this...

When I said "in all cases" in terms of P2P support below, I meant to say
that P2P works whether the source/destination are in the same DAG and
different rank/depth or in different DAGs.  I did understand (or at least I
thought I did!) from the RPL draft that these features need to be supported
in a particular deployment instance.

My later note suggests the ROLL DT map some of the major requirements from
the ROLL market area requirements documents (home, urban, industrial,
building controls) to how they are addressed in the draft.  We can then have
a discussion on how well these features are addressed (not whether they are
supported!).  I think the draft is not yet clear enough on which
requirements are met and how.

Don