Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-10: (with COMMENT)

"Mirja Kuehlewind" <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Mon, 16 January 2017 16:33 UTC

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-10: (with COMMENT)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 08:33:34 -0800
Cc: draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection@ietf.org, rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org, rtgwg@ietf.org

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection/

COMMENT:

Overall comment: This reads rather like an informational rfc; however
given that rfc7490 is standards track, I guess that's fine.

More specific comments:
- More abbreviations could be spelled out to make it easier to read.
- Not sure what section 3 tells me; but I'm also not an expert.
- Also section 3: "As already specified in Section 2.3.4 to limit the
computational
   overhead of the proposed approach, forward SPF computations MUST be
   run on a selected subset from the entire set of PQ-nodes computed in
   the network, with a finite limit on the number of PQ-nodes in the
   subset."
   I guess you don't need the upper case MUST here.
- Also then in section 2.3.4: "To limit the computational overhead of the
approach proposed, this
   document proposes that implementations MUST choose a subset from the
   entire set of PQ-nodes computed in the network, with a finite limit
   on the number of PQ-nodes in the subset."
   Saying "this doc recommends" and "MUST" in the same sentence seem
inaccurate.
- And also section 2.3.4: Could you maybe suggest or discuss an
appropriate default value?