Re: [Seamoby] framework for DMHA protocol

"Jari T. Malinen" <jmalinen@iprg.nokia.com> Sat, 22 December 2001 01:00 UTC

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:46:58 -0800
From: "Jari T. Malinen" <jmalinen@iprg.nokia.com>
To: Yoshihiro Ohba <yohba@tari.toshiba.com>
CC: James Kempf <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com>, seamoby@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Seamoby] framework for DMHA protocol
Sender: seamoby-admin@ietf.org

Hello,

Having a design team framework document is ok, currently the draft-renker
gives a multitude of choices to do a protocol. Ultimately we'll need something
simple and unambiguous. This would need strong modification to become a
real protocol from its current format which looks more like an architecture
with candidate modes for several functionalities.

I second that the requirement for protocol independence is important.
Hence, I suggest structuring the document in a way that decouples the protocol
from all other protocols (MIPv6 etc. included) so much that they do not need
ideally to be even refered to at all. If needed, there should be appendices
describing interaction but only in the case it is essential for the
working of the protocol in some mode etc. Interdependences should be
minimized.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year all,

-Jari