Re: [sidr] draft-ymbk-rpki-grandparenting-00.txt

"Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com> Tue, 12 June 2012 16:28 UTC

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>, "Roque Gagliano (rogaglia)" <rogaglia@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:25:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.185.63.118]
Cc: sidr wg list <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] draft-ymbk-rpki-grandparenting-00.txt

Speaking as a regular ol' wg member:

wrt:

>So if both AS 'C' and AS 'G' originate the 10.42.2.0/23 route and
>both ROAs may exist, then you have a MOAS event.

The architecture specifically allows there to be multiple ROAs for a single prefix.  That was a deliberate choice from long, long ago.

(For a look at the number of occurrences of multiple origins, you can look at http://bgp.he.net/report/multi-origin-routes.  (And thanks to HE for that site, btw.)  It gives a clue into some reasons why multiple origins might occur.)

--Sandy, speaking as regular ol' member