Re: [sidr] Interim Meeting (Apr 30, 2012) fallout/lessons/room-foo

"John G. Scudder" <jgs@juniper.net> Fri, 04 May 2012 19:43 UTC

From: "John G. Scudder" <jgs@juniper.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 15:42:37 -0400
To: Chris Morrow <morrowc@ops-netman.net>
Cc: "sidr-ads@tools.ietf.org" <sidr-ads@tools.ietf.org>, "sidr-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <sidr-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, sidr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sidr] Interim Meeting (Apr 30, 2012) fallout/lessons/room-foo

A few things in addition to what others have said:

On May 3, 2012, at 12:08 AM, Chris Morrow wrote:

>  o shared slides prior to the meeting (no slides, no slot. potentially)

We covered a fair amount of ground at the interim without using slides at all. Based on that, I'm not sure where this (possible) requirement comes from? I, for one, am not at all keen to prepare slide decks just for the fun of it, and I looked at lack of slides at the interim as a plus, not a minus. Yes, if slides are used -- and I'm not against it when useful/desired -- they should be distributed. But I can't see making them required.

That brings me to one other point, the whiteboard. I think we should encourage use of a whiteboard (or easel, etc). But this implies a need to be able to share it with remote participants. We did the best we could last time, by snapping photos of the whiteboard and sending them out in real time, but there's gotta be a better way.

Ideally remote participants would be able to mark on the whiteboard too, but while the technology does exist, I don't see it really happening. At least, let's focus on getting the audio right first.

--John