Re: [sidr] Signed vs unsgned and bgp best path decision

Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net> Fri, 23 March 2012 10:30 UTC

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:30:33 +0100
From: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
To: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@gmail.com>
Cc: "sidr@ietf.org list" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] Signed vs unsgned and bgp best path decision

Chris,

I am talking about inter-domain policy not intra-domain. "ACHTUNG" may
not help as folks around seem very reluctant to share their internal
policies outside.

When compared to what is today I don't think folks are mandated by any
RFC to make a choice between two attributes which carry the same metric
to decide which one should win on a per AS basis.

Jakob,

> I think this question is more about what step in the route selection
> process (rfc 4271, 9.1.2.2) at which to consider the verification state.
>
> I would answer: nowhere.

Really ? Assume there is no policy set by the operator. You have