Re: [Simple] draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortel.com> Tue, 18 November 2008 21:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:06:55 -0600
From: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
To: salvatore loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
Cc: cboulton@avaya.com, simple@ietf.org, xcon@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Simple] draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat
Sender: simple-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Salvatore,

Yes, we do also need the other features you mentions - we just need to
consider some of the dependencies in terms of what sw applications might
need.

The idea of XCON is entirely protocol agnostic - is your point that the
mechanism we're discussing are as well?

The XCON chat has no dependency on the MSRP chat - we started this doc
as an alternative to that one,  but folks weren't interested since XCON
was not very far along at that point in time. So, the SIMPLE doc is very
specific and limited only to MSRP chat. Per my previous response, we
could minimize discussion of MSRP and add other examples  Also, the XCON
call flows (for which the details are still TBD) will show that there
really is no impact to XCON nor to the chat "media" to use the XCON
framework for setting up, etc. the group chat.

Good suggestion on the title.

Thanks,
Mary.