RE: AW: AW: [Sip] Extension of conference procedures

"DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 05 September 2007 11:10 UTC

Subject: RE: AW: AW: [Sip] Extension of conference procedures
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:10:07 +0200
From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@t-com.net>, eburger@bea.com
Cc: sip@ietf.org

So this is a convenient way to bring us back to the other half of the issue which we do not seem to have discussed yet. When the syntax was defined that allowed ?headers:

      Headers: Header fields to be included in a request constructed
         from the URI.

         Headers fields in the SIP request can be specified with the "?"
         mechanism within a URI.  The header names and values are
         encoded in ampersand separated hname = hvalue pairs.  The
         special hname "body" indicates that the associated hvalue is
         the message-body of the SIP request.

What usage did the SIP WG envisage for this, and thus what semantics did they define for that usage.

Is it appropriate to assign new semantics to such usage?

Regards

Keith