RE: [Sip] outbound open issues from IETF 67

<Erkki.Koivusalo@nokia.com> Wed, 22 November 2006 07:45 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sip] outbound open issues from IETF 67
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:44:43 +0200
From: Erkki.Koivusalo@nokia.com
To: rohan.mahy@gmail.com
Cc: sip@ietf.org

Hi Rohan,

Just to verify that I understood your answer correctly:

>If the first hop edge proxy (the P-CSCF) doesn't support outbound, it
>will not add the 'ob' parameter to the Path header, so the registrar
>will ignore the reg-id parameter in the request.

... and when the registrar ignores the reg-id within REGISTER it will
not add the Supported: outbound header to the 200 OK response.
And when the UA finds that the 200 OK does not contain Supported:
outbound
it finds out that it will not be able to try multiple registrations.

Please tell if you meant this or something different.

Thanks,

Erkki