Re: [sipcore] Dialog state - Scope in draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Mon, 19 July 2010 03:43 UTC

To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:40:14 +0800
Cc: SIPCORE <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Dialog state - Scope in draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

Hi Gonzalo,

I found time to read this version on weekend. And there are three main
points:

1. Glare Situations(section 3.5)
As the new way, this part is relatively simple now. And the new way is
sending a new refresh usage Re-INVITE to synchronize state for any glare
situations.
This is simple, and effective. So, I am OK at this point.

2. Race Conditions and Target Refreshes(section 4.8)
To disallow target refreshes in unreliable response can solve this
problem. And in fact, I think it is a nice way, as do "Target Refreshes"
in unreliable response is unreliable. So, I'm OK with it.
As this rule's meaning is more than glare issue, so we may put this rule
in a new section, and only mention in section 4.8 that galre problem here
can be solved by this rule.

3. Section 5
I am OK with this section's revision.

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
===================================

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
发件人:  sipcore-bounces@ietf.org
2010-07-15 18:26

收件人
Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
抄送
SIPCORE <sipcore@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [sipcore] Dialog state - Scope in draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

Hi,

thanks for the feedback I have received on and off list. We seem to have
consensus on reducing the scope of the draft to session state and target
refreshes. That is great because it allows us to hugely simplify the
rules to avoid glare conditions (this is something a few of you have
requested on the list in the past). I have put together a new revision
of the draft, which you can fetch from:

http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/temp/draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-pre05-01.txt

In addition to adjusting the scope of the draft and simplifying the
glare-related rules, I have also added a few clarifications to Section 5

Let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks,

Gonzalo