Re: [sipcore] Dialog state - Scope in draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Thu, 22 July 2010 10:28 UTC

To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:25:00 +0800
Cc: SIPCORE <sipcore@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Dialog state - Scope in draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

Hi Gonzalo,

I am glad to find that it's still my origial understanding.

Then, technically:

Without precondition: completion of O/A as commitment or UA have sent or
received media using the new parameters.

With preconditon: UAS send media/RTCP/TCP as commitment or a new O/A
without preconditon(in some cases, I think a new O/A is necessary, as some
parameters modification can not be checked from RTCP/TCP).

I'd like to double check for my understanding from you, is it right?

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
===================================

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
发件人:  sipcore-bounces@ietf.org
2010-07-22 16:13

收件人
"gao.yang2@zte.com.cn" <gao.yang2@zte.com.cn>
抄送
SIPCORE <sipcore@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [sipcore] Dialog state - Scope in draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

Hi Gao,

you do not need the media check if you have had an offer/answer exchange
without preconditions. The sentence in the draft has an "or" separating
those two conditions.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

On 22/07/2010 10:57 AM, gao.yang2@zte.com.cn wrote:

> Gonzalo,
>
>> the successful completion of any offer/answer exchange without
>> preconditions means commitment. In your example, offer/answer 1 already
>> means commitment.
>
> Then, why the RTCP/TCP checked is needed for O/A without precondition?
> It puzzles me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gao

> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy
and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to
others.
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.