Re: [sipcore] draft-barnes-sipcore-rfc4244bis - privacy syntax

OKUMURA Shinji <shin@softfront.co.jp> Mon, 13 July 2009 09:11 UTC

From: OKUMURA Shinji <shin@softfront.co.jp>
To: SIPCORE <sipcore@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:11:40 +0900
Subject: Re: [sipcore] draft-barnes-sipcore-rfc4244bis - privacy syntax

Hi,

"Dale Worley" <dworley@nortel.com>
>On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 14:07 -0400, Audet, Francois (SC100:3055) wrote:
>> It's basically saying that the Privacy and Reason "escaped parameters" would
>> translate into headers if we were to created a request based on it.
>
>I can't see any circumstances where we would want to create a request
>that included the Privacy or Reason headers from a H-I entry.
>
>In regard to Privacy, if its value is "history", that means that the
>particular H-I URI should be restricted.  But that is not the meaning of
>adding the "Privacy: history" header to a request -- in the latter case,
>History-Info should not be generated at all.  (Which is what I mean when
>I say "the values of Privacy in History-Info do not have the same
>semantics as the values of the Privacy header".)

I have another question in regard to the above.

When the entity that add a hi-entity require privacy service to
removed it, where should the entity set a priv-value "critical" ?
If it set "critical" in Privacy header of the request, all
hi-entities are removed. If in hi-targeted-to-uri, the privacy
service that does not support "history" will forward the request
without the change.

Is this correct?

Regards,
Shinji