Re: [sipcore] [Sip] Draft new version: draft-holmberg-sipcore-keep-00 (previouslyknown as draft-holmberg-sip-keep)

"Bharrat, Shaun" <SBharrat@sonusnet.com> Fri, 01 May 2009 02:20 UTC

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:21:51 -0400
From: "Bharrat, Shaun" <SBharrat@sonusnet.com>
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] [Sip] Draft new version: draft-holmberg-sipcore-keep-00 (previouslyknown as draft-holmberg-sip-keep)

> When a UAS that supports the method defined in this specification
   recieves an initial SIP request which contains a "keep" parameter in
   the topmost Via header, and the UAS wants to allow the sender of the
   initial SIP request to send keep-alives towards the UAS during the
   duration of the call, the UAS proxy MUST add a "yes" value to the
   "keep" parameter.  In addition the UAS MAY include a Flow-Timer
   header field if the associated initial SIP response.

Which response is this text referring to when this is for a call?
Does this include the 100 trying? If in the 100 trying, does the
keep need to be in all responses to the INVITE? WHat about the Flow-Timer?

The reason I'm asking is that 100 trying is often generated at a
very different place than the other responses. It may or may not
be feasible to provide the relevant information in that response.
I'm trying to understand the intent...

Thanks and cheers,
Shaun