[Sipping-emergency] RE: Civil location syntax validation - was RE: How to handle Validation failures

"Brian Rosen" <br@brianrosen.net> Tue, 28 September 2004 13:14 UTC

From: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>
To: 'Marc Linsner' <mlinsner@cisco.com>, "'Peterson, Jon'" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>, sipping-emergency@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:02:21 -0400
Subject: [Sipping-emergency] RE: Civil location syntax validation - was RE: How to handle Validation failures
Sender: sipping-emergency-bounces@ietf.org

Yeah, that's the way I see it.

Validation is a requirement.
Validation is the first part of determining a route:
A query using the location information as the key.

Any answer is validation.  The answer is the route.

You can do the validation query without needing the route.
You do that as an independent verification that the
location information is valid.  Validation is
automatically performed when you determine the route,
either during a test operation as Henning describes,
or for the actual call (not implying whether route
determination is done prior to or at the time of
an emergency call).

Jon, is that sufficient information to consider validation
within the charter?

Brian