AW: [Sipping] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-jennings-sipping-pay-02.txt

"Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com> Wed, 20 July 2005 17:06 UTC

Subject: AW: [Sipping] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-jennings-sipping-pay-02.txt
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:06:21 +0200
From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>
To: henry@pulver.com, henry@sinnreich.net, sipping WG <sipping@ietf.org>
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

hi henry,

thanks for the info. please see some comments below:

~snip~
> Third party consumer-business payment models could involve a
> search engine
> to deliver product information along some advertismens and finally a
> click-to-call service to connect the buyer with the seller.
> Such calls are
> obviously much more valuable to the seller and the revenue
> sharing models
> are an interesting topic apart.

this sounds a bit complicated to me.
anyway, maybe we should focus on the technical aspects (rather than on the business models).
based on your description it seems that you would like to see a model where the following message exchange is possible:

 +--------+           +------------+            +--------+
 |User    |           |Webpage /   |            |Merchant|
 |Alice   |           |Identity    |            |Bob     |
 |        |           |Provider    |            |        |
 |        |           |            |            |        |
 +---+----+           +------+-----+            +---+----+
     |                       |                      |
     |       HTTP            |                      |
     |---------------------->|                      |
     |                       |                      |
     |  Assertion            |                      |
     |<----------------------|                      |
     |                       |                      |
     |                       |                      |
     |       INVITE + Assertion                     |
     |-----------------------+--------------------->|
     |                       |                      |
     |            200 OK     |                      |
     |<----------------------+----------------------|
     |                       |                      |

 is this somehow correct?

> I would be still interested in the motivation for choosing
> the particular
> approach in this I-D as well as the pros and cons, though the
> reference
> <draft-ietf-sipping-spam-00.txt> is most welcome. This is more of a
> discussion paper after all, since no experimental data are
> available, as
> required for a standards track document.
sounds reasonable but might be fairly complicated since the different approaches are based on different assumptions.

> Last but not least, these nits are only meant to enahnce the
> proposal that I
> believe is very interesting

ciao
hannes