Re: [sixpac] charter proposal - correlation between SIP and XMPP

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Mon, 06 December 2010 21:28 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:29:54 -0600
To: "<Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com>" <Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com>
Cc: sixpac@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sixpac] charter proposal - correlation between SIP and XMPP

Discussion on this and the other threads appears to be stalling. Can we draw some conclusions?

For this thread, I think Markus was trying to soften (maybe remove?) this goal:
>> - Correlating an XMPP IM session with a SIP voice/video session, and
>> vice-versa

This is a place I think a group could get really stuck - as markus hints at below, how is this not going
to run into the same set of issues (and run into the same set of problems trying to specify a solution for)
that Hadriel's SIPSCOTCH proposal is having?

RjS