Re: Embedded tables

ANDREASSON <ANDREASSON@taec.mrgate.valmts.vbo.mts.dec.com> Thu, 10 April 1997 12:05 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:54:37 +0000
From: ANDREASSON <ANDREASSON@taec.mrgate.valmts.vbo.mts.dec.com>
Subject: Re: Embedded tables
To: sun@zso.dec.com, snmpv2@portal.ex.tis.com
Sender: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com

The SYNTAX of conceptual tables is defined in RFC 1902, 7.1.12.

According to that section, it seems to me that your table embedding another
table is not valid, since in a conceptual table "...each row may contain
one or
more scalar objects, ...", where by all means the second table is not a scalar
object.

A part from that, the MIB example you sent me contains a syntax error in the
first table's row SEQUENCE (<EntryType>), since each element in the
SEQUENCE must
include an ASN.1 type, which is not the case for the evtSysStringTable member.

Regards,

Sigge A.